EPYSA Parent Code of Conduct
Soccer is a wonderful sport and a passionate game. We should always remember our attitude is contagious. The referees, the players, the coaches and the fans should come together to match wits and skills. The other team is our opponent not our enemy and thus should be treated with respect. While winning is important, playing well and fairly is the essence of the game.
I/we will set a good example to my/our child in his soccer development by adhering at all times to the following:
1. We will not criticize the referee openly or directly ... during or after games. Any criticism shall be done in writing (to my club or SRI ), not verbally.
2. We will only give positive feedback to players.
3. We will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play and shall do our best to cheer the effort regardless of the outcome.
4. We will be mindful in "lopsided" games where cheering our own "winning" team might be misunderstood.
5. We shall do our best to teach our players to become students of the game.
6. We shall find the "little successes" that our children have during each match.
7. We shall show the quality of our sportsmanship during and after each and every match and help our child to remember to thank the referee after the match without regard to the result.
8. We shall do our very best to have our child prepared for every match.
9. We shall support the learning effort of the players, coaches, and the referees by demonstrating our patience.
10. We understand that improper behavior at a match may result in a parent being asked to leave the field by the referee, or a club official so the coach does not receive a yellow card caution or even a red card ejection due to the actions of the parent spectator.
11. We shall leave the coaching to the coach during match.
12. We shall do our best not to give our child instructions during the match.
13. We understand that the EPYSA can, and will if necessary, suspend our individual privilege to watch our child play should we behave in a manner that is rude or otherwise offensive.
14. We agree to do our best to have as much fun watching the game as the players should have playing the game.