Fun. Respect. Teamwork.
The East Providence Youth Soccer Association (EPYSA) is founded on the following principles representing the ideals on which the league operates:
- That the EPYSA youth soccer academy will be used to introduce the youth of East Providence to the fundamentals of soccer in a fun, educational academy setting.
- That the league is open, with equal opportunity to all; boys and girls, young and old, beginners and advanced; that learning and maturing, and striving and skill go hand in hand cooperatively.
- That we keep the idea of sports a pleasurable activity; that having a good time and learning is as important as the competitive aspects of winning and losing.
- That we specialize in good sportsmanship; that “respect” is the major characteristic – that the highest standards of personal conduct are expected of all players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators at all times.
- That we foster and accentuate teamwork, and that we expand the idea of teamwork to instill a sense of community, including our teammates, coaches, officials, parents, opposing teams, sponsors and Board members; and that we work together as a whole unit and mutually take pride in the accomplishments of the league.